Sunday, November 11, 2007

Loving E-Bay!

What's not to like? Where else can you do all the things E-Bay offers - shop 24/7 with the absolute best selection on the planet, get the best market-driven price on your item, and have it delivered to your door within days? Because of E-Bay I have significantly upgraded my wardrobe at a fraction of what it would cost to buy new (which I couldn't afford anyway). A few examples:

--Full-sized, high quality leather couch, less than 6 months old, $300. Bought from a seller 10 miles away. My husband and I rented a truck, took cash, and didn't pay until we'd seen it. Money saved: about $1500.00 over new.

--Ferragamo pumps, black, perfect work shoe, $74.00. I already know what size I wear in Ferragamo (a key piece of info you should have before bidding) so no risk there. Money saved: about $200 over new.

--Ferragamo pumps, navy, identical to the black ones, $13.50 (that's correct, $13.50). These came up for auction about 6 months after the black ones.

--Geiger coat, purple. knee-length, $75.00. My mother had paid about $1000 for a similar coat a few years ago.

Set up your watch lists, know your sizes in the brand you're bidding on, and have a blast!


No comments: