Monday, November 12, 2007

ReStores: Recycling with Habitat for Humanity


I want to help spread the word that Habitat for Humanity has a (relatively) new recycling and reuse sideline going on now - the ReStores. The concept is that individuals, building supply businesses, demolition crews, and contractors donate materials they can't use, and Habitat sells them to the general public at a fraction of retail prices. The money they raise is used to fund (what else?) more Habitat for Humanity homes! Check out their web site for locations and specifics about what can be donated.

The net recycling and reuse value is high - donors recycle and get rid of old building materials, buyers reuse, and Habitat reduces the cost of buying another house.

And there's more - they will send their truck to pick up, and your donation is tax deductable! It doesn't get much easier or better than that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! That’s a very nice post. I’m very positive I will counsel it to my co-workers.
If you happen to submit extra posts please e-mail them to me.


Feel free to visit my web blog :: how to increase chances of getting pregnant